Level 1 History
Teacher in Charge: Mr T. Overton
Level 1 Theme: Protest and Change. This course introduces students to a wide range of skills including research, interpretation and communicating key historical ideas.
Two or three contexts selected from:
• I Have a Dream: Black Civil Rights (USA)
• Apartheid on Notice: The Sharpeville/Soweto Massacre
• Nuclear ‘Fall Out’: Anti-Nuclear Aotearoa
• On Equal Terms: Suffragette Movement
• People Power: Fall of the Berlin Wall
Recommended Prior Learning
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Approximately $16.00 (1 day field trip). We are grateful to families making voluntary payments to assist with course specific costs.
Total Credits Available: 16 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 8 credits.