Level 1 Accounting
Teacher in Charge: Ms L. Chave
This course aims to develop students financial literacy with a focus on accounting. It is an introduction to basic accounting principles and processes relating to individuals, communities and small businesses. Students will cover the following Accounting skills:
• Process and maintain financial records
• Prepare financial statements
• Interpret financial information
• Use financial and non-financial information to inform decision making
These are necessary skills for most areas of future employment, future courses in Commerce and are useful life skills.
The stereotype of a pencil pushing accountant hunched over a calculator scribbling sums couldn't be be more inaccurate in today's world.
- Accounting students have transferable, strongly valued skills that help make them exceptional and visionary business leaders
- Accountants are innovative
- Accountants are good with money
- Accountants are business advisors
- 25% of CEOs are Chartered Accountants and 55% of CEOs have a Finance background
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Workbooks and revision cards are available (approximately $45.00). Purchase is highly recommended.
Recommended Prior Learning
Total Credits Available: 21 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.