Level 3 Biology
Teacher in Charge: Mr R. Edwards
This subject involves the study of living things. It includes:
- Plants and animals – behavior and responses to environmental factors
- Human Evolution – trends in the development of Homo sapiens
- Homeostasis - how humans maintain a constant temperature in different environments
- Human manipulation of genetic material
- Carry out a practical investigation
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
A workbook is available for purchase (approximately $35.00).
Recommended Prior Learning
Reasonable success in Level 2 Biology or at the discretion of the HOD.
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 9 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 19
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.