Level 3 Physics
Teacher in Charge: Mr C. Riley
In Year 13 Physics we cover the following concepts:
Practical skills and the use of error values in experiments.
• Momentum and Centre of Mass
• Circular Motion and Forces
• Rotational Motion
• Simple Harmonic Motion
• Waves Systems and Interference
• Standing Waves
• Doppler Effect
• The Photoelectric Effect
• The Bohr Model of the Atom
• Fission, Fusion and Binding Energy
• DC circuits
• Electromagnetic Induction
• AC circuits
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
A study guide text is provided but optional workbooks can be purchased.
Recommended Prior Learning
Reasonable success in Level 2 Physics or by negotiation with the HOD.