Year 10 Mathematics
Teacher in Charge: Mr J. Nash
Year 10 Mathematics focuses on the NZQA Numeracy Exam followed by development of Algebra skills and Right-Angled Triangles
Term One: Revision of NZQA Numeracy Skills from Year 9 ready for the exam at the end of Term One
Term Two: There are two strands of students.
- Students who pass the Numeracy exam will move onto higher level Quadratic Algebra, Simultaneous Equations and Index work.
- Students who still need to pass the Numeracy exam will still work towards a second attempt at the end of Term Two.
Term Three: There are three strands of students.
- Those who did higher algebra in Term Two will carry on and work towards NCEA external papers in algebra.
- Students who passed Numeracy at the end of Term Two will work on some of the higher algebra but wont do the NCEA exams.
- Students who haven't passed Numeracy will work towards a final attempt at the end of Term Three
Term Four: All students study the same material on Pythagoras' Theorem, Trigonometry and Geometry
Recommended Prior Learning
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Recommended: Scientific Calculator Casio FX82 or Casio fx-9750GII Graphics Calculator.
Students are issued the Beta Textbook.
Total Credits Available: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.