Level 2 Employment Ready
Teacher in Charge: Ms J. Allen
Welcome to YEAR 12 EMPLOYMENT READY......
What is ER?? = Employment Ready … essentially the course is about:
- Helping you plan your future career pathway
- Giving you the skills to start travelling down that pathway eg; communication/teamwork
- Giving you the opportunity to ‘experience’ a structured and supportive work environment.
- Providing you with courses that are skills based and look good on your C.V eg; First Aid
- Providing the opportunity to build a bank of credits towards NCEA and other qualifications.
....So What are the key aims???
Get some skills….get some credits…get some qualifications…get work experience What do I need to be..................??KEEN and Reliable…
Q; How will ER take place Term 1?
- Get to know each other and set goals/expectations for the year
- Set up Career Central and a Career Plan
- Get some new quals eg; First Aid cert and Workplace Safety cert
- Do some voluntary work in a team
By the end of Term One…… getting an idea of what I might want to do after school life….…
By the end of Term Four…
… feeling confident about having a concrete plan in place for 2022…..
SOME KEY STUFF WE WILL COVER
• develop team skills (includes a group project)
AND....Successful students will be offered external courses like First Aid, Site Safe and Workplace Safety which are valuable certificates for CV's and also provide NCEA credits. Diligent students may also be offered other training courses like barista and customer service.
PLUS... Students who display reliability and a positive, ready to learn attitude, will be considered for workplace experience placement during Terms 2 and 3. Successful students can also apply to gain entry on to the Gateway programme in Year 13.
Recommended Prior Learning
Interest in gaining skills relevant in a wide variety of work placements. There will be work placements and opportunities to attend specific industry courses at WelTec or other industry providers.